Whether we want to accept it or not, it seems like Prince Harry is back off the market.
E! News recently confirmed that the rugged royal has been dating Suits star Meghan Markle after reports surfaced claiming there was romance brewing between the two. “He’s happier than he’s been for many years,” a source close to the Prince shared with the Sunday Express.
“He’s in a very relaxed period of his life and Meghan has come along at the right time. They are taking each week as it comes and just enjoying each other’s company but it’s fair to say that they love seeing each other and there’s a definite chemistry between them.”
In fact, things seem to be getting serious. E! News also confirms that Markle has met Harry’s father Prince Charles when she was visiting London recently.
So, given the fact that the status of this relationship will definitely throw Markle into some interesting territory, we figured we’d do our due diligence and offer the actress 10 life lessons she can learn from the one and only, Kate Middleton.
Press Association via AP Images
1. All Eyes Are On You (So Always Look Your Best): Do you remember ever seeing Kate looking bummy? No, because she wouldn’t dare. She looks absolutely perfect during every single outing (which must be exhausting), because that’s what comes with the royal life. So make sure your fashion game is on point.
2. Let Your Haters Be Your Motivators: Yes, even the lovable Duchess of Cambridge has dealt with her fair share of nasty remarks over the years, but do you think she let that get to her? Heck no. She’s a damn princess.
3. Learn Your Manners: This isn’t just your regular “please and thank you.” This is knowing when to curtsy, which fork and spoon you should use at the dinner table, and a lot more etiquette that most of us wouldn’t even think twice about.
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
4. Never Complain, Never Explain: This old adage was first coined by the British politician and prime minister Benjamin Disraeli, and was later adopted as a motto by many high-profile Brits, including the royals. Press interviews, public outings and speeches will be in your future as a royal, so best to get those skills on lock.
5. Don’t Underestimate Your Smile: We are almost always seeing Kate flashing her pearly whites, and that’s what makes her so endearing. Caught in an awkward situation? Smile. Unsure of what to say? Smile. Just walking down the street? Smile. Seriously, just keep a smile on your face 24 hours a day, 7 days week.
6. There’s No Limit for That Wedding: Seriously, girl. You get that expensive dress. You roll out all the big stops for the special day, because nothing will be deemed too grand for your royal wedding. And if you want to do your own makeup that day, that’s cool, too. Just ask Kate.
Arthur Edwards – Pool/Getty Images
7. Make Sure You Get Along With the Family: This seems obvious, right? Right. You gotta make sure Harry’s kin are all about you, especially Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
8. Don’t Underestimate a Good Blowout: Kate’s tresses have often been the topic of conversation. Her brown locks always seem to perfectly fall into place and become hair inspo for women all over the world.
9. Private Dates Are Still Possible: Yeah, your privacy is practically thrown out of a window, but having intimate date nights with your beau aren’t impossible. Prince William and Kate managed to go out for a movie night, so there’s hope for some time away from the spotlight.
10. Remember to Give Back: Part of Kate’s appeal is her genuine sincerity and need to help those in need. The Duchess’ charitable efforts never go unnoticed, and continue to remain one of the greatest attributes about her.