If there’s one thing I’ve learned in college it’s that everything you think you know is usually wrong. We take a lot of knowledge for granted and never question what we were taught in school. For example, you remember being shown the tongue map in school? It was a diagram you’ll probably have seen in biology class which states that different parts of the tongue are responsible for different tastes. The truth is that the tongue map is completely wrong. All taste sensations come from every region of the tongue.
So does that mean that Occam’s Razor always holds true, and that the simplest explanation is always the answer? Not necessarily. As this list proves, sometimes the truth is so mind-blowing that it sounds almost completely implausible. Scroll down to check out some of the most mind-blowing facts ever!
1. Jimi Hendrix lived in the house next door to Handel in London
2. American President George Tyler was born in the 1700s, yet has two living grandchildren
3. The difference between 1 million seconds and 1 trillion seconds is almost 40,000 years
4. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools
5. If bees were paid minimum wage for their work then a jar of honey would cost $182,000
The post 15 Really Messed Up Facts That Are Actually Real appeared first on Viral Thread.