Firefighters free man's genitals from spanner

DIY enthusiasts are warned against mishandling tools after being called to free a man “who took tightening nuts to a new level”.

The man got into difficulty while using a spanner like this. File pic

Firefighters have warned of the dangers of mishandling tools after a man’s genitals became trapped in a ring spanner.

Crews were called to assist A&E staff with a patient at Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport, south Wales, on Wednesday.

They had to use their cutting equipment to remove the steel tool.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service issued a warning on social media afterwards.

“If you’re using tools, make sure you’re handling as the manufacturer recommends,” it tweeted.

“Crews from Maindee and Malpas had to release a steel ring spanner from a man who took tightening nuts to a new level earlier.”

The post has since been removed.

Leave a Reply