Living a healthy and fit life requires that we supply our bodies with a plethora of micronutrients which happen to come from various fruits and vegetables.
But, whether it’s laziness, too busy with work, or a general dislike for the taste of vegetables and fruits—many of us aren’t getting enough vegetables and fruits during our day-to-day lives.
Instead of forcing yourself to eat vegetables and fruits, a better alternative is to get creative and find ways to make them delicious while still being good for your body.
Here are 7 awesome smoothie recipes that not only taste good but are also good for you living a healthy and vibrant life.
1. Grapefruit green smoothie
This smoothie contains grapefruit, which is loaded with Vitamin C to help support your immune system while the rest of the ingredients balanced the smoothie out by having plenty of potassium and fiber.
• 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeds removed
• 1 large sweet apple with the skin removed
• 2 cups of spinach
• 1 large ripe banana
• 2-3 ice cubes
• 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, water, or orange juice
• (Optional): 1/2 tsp of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If too thick, add more liquid.
2. Coconut Clementine green smoothie
Not only will this smoothie provide the sweet tasting power of the clementine, but it’s also loaded with a plethora of vitamins and nutrients to support your immune system. For more information on this smoothie, go here.
• 4-5 clementines
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
• 1 handful of greens (spinach preferably)
• 3-4 ice cubes
• (Optional): A few fresh mint or cilantro leaves
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until they’re creamy and smooth.
3. Pre-workout green smoothie
There couldn’t be a green smoothie article without a smoothie that covers your workouts?
• 2 cups of fresh spinach
• 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
• 1 apple
• 1 banana
• 1/3 cup rolled oats
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Blend spinach and almond milk until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients and blend.
4. Post-Workout green smoothie
You just finished your tough workout and need to replenish your body. Here’s the perfect recipe to take care of that for you. For more information about this smoothie, check it out here.
• 2 cups of kale
• 1 cup of unsweetened coconut water (or filtered water)
• 1 orange peeled
• 1 cup of pineapple
• 1 cup of blueberries
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
Blend kale and liquid until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
5. Blueberry mint green smoothie
Blueberries and mint are not only tasty but also are strong enough to mask the flavor of any greens in case it’s not a favorite of yours.
• 2 cups of spinach
• 2 cups of blueberries
• 1 kiwi
• 3-4 large mint leaves
• 1 cup of coconut water
• 1 cup of ice
Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy to your liking.
6. Spring detox smoothie
Sometimes you may feel a little yucky inside or have had a few not-so-good days of eating and you to reset your body. Here’s the perfect smoothie for that along with more information about this smoothie.
• 1 cup of green tea, chilled
• 1 cup of loosely packed cilantro
• 1 cup of baby kale (or another green)
• 1 cup of cucumber
• 1 cup of pineapple
• All the juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, grated
• 1/2 avocado
Place all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth to your preference.
7. Spinach orange smoothie
If energy is something you need, then look no further than this energy packed smoothie.
• 1 peeled navel orange
• 1/2 banana
• 1 cup of spinach
• 1/4 of a cup of coconut water (feel free to adjust this to your preference)
• 1 tbsp of hemp seeds (optional)
• A couple of ice cubes
Add all ingredients to a blender with a few ice cubes and blend
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
The post Flush excess waste in your colon and tone your body with these 7 delicious smoothie recipes appeared first on Shareably.